The Steering Committee meeting of EU-TEXTILE2030 was held in Prague from 9th to10th July, 2018.
The meeting was hosted by Happy Materials, s.r.o., a library of materials dedicated to innovation and creativity located in the heart of Břevnov, Prague.
This library provides professionals with information as well as physical contact with new materials. It offers a creative and inspirational environment in many creative disciplines – architecture, design, applied arts, science and research.
During the first morning of the meeting, representatives from Happy Materials presented their facilities and the showroom of innovative materials to EU-TEXTILE2030 partners.
All EU-TEXTILE2030 partners participated at this meeting, ATEVAL (the project coordinator), AEI Tèxtils, CLUTEX (organizer of the meeting), POINTEX, UP-TEX, TECHTERA and SACHSENTEXTIL EV. Two members of the External Advisory Board of the project were also invited to the meeting: Ms. Brigitte Nutz from Messe Frankfurt, the main trade fair organizer in terms of technical textiles worldwide, and Mr. Braz Costa from the Portuguese Textil Cluster.
The first afternoon, EU-TEXTILE2030 partners met with 6 Czech companies, members of CLUTEX, to explain them the Project and to discuss about their expectations.
On the second day, the partnership discussed about the next activities which are going to be carried out during next months, mainly:
- AEI TÈXTILS, as its coordinator, explained the mission which will be held in Colombia, from 23rd to 27th July, and which has counted on the support from the Portuguese Textile Cluster
- TECHTERA, as its coordinator, explained the mission to South Africa, expected from 19th to 23rd November 2018. This mission has the support from Messe Frankfurt, organizer of ATF Expo in Cape Town (20-22 November), in which EU-TEXTILE2030 will be present.
EU-TEXTILE2030 will last until November 2019, It has foreseen the following activities from which clusters’ members are able to benefit:
- Business missions to: Colombia, South Africa, Israel and Japan-Taiwan.
- Market studies and informative webinars for each target country.
- Joint participation at three international trade fairs in Colombia, South Africa and Taiwan under the umbrella of EU-TEXTILE2030 European Cluster.
- Official establishment of the European association which represents the Advanced Textile Materials European Cluster EU-TEXTILE2030 with headquarters in Brussels along with the development of a short and mid-term strategy.
The project is co-funded by COSME – Clusters go International program from the European Commission